Improve Outcomes, Quality of Care, and Transform your Patient Experience.
This is Canada’s first and longest-running conference on patient experience. Discover where PFCC is heading on a national level, and what your organization needs to do to improve.
Gather with patients and professionals from across the country to discuss the most up-to-date information on new & important topics including: medical-assistance in dying (MAID), funding cutbacks, patient diversity, and Accreditation standards.
- Hear Directly From:
- Nancy Naylor, Associate Deputy Minister, Delivery and Implementation, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
- Sholom Glouberman, Philospher in Residence & Founder, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care & Patients Canada
- Patricia Sullivan-Taylor, Executive Lead, Policy and Partner Engagement, Health Standards Organization and Accreditation Canada
- Neil Churchill, Director of Patient Experience, NHS England
- Andreas Laupacis, Executive Director of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St. Michael’s Hospital
+ Many More!
See the topics up for discussion. Don’t miss out!
Download the 2017 brochure now by completing the form.
- ROI in PX: Demonstrate value of PFCC to leadership and staff
- PAD Legislation: Communicate effectively and maintain trust
- Co-design: Source strategies from successful case studies
- Refugees: Improve care for new Canadians
- PREMs/PROMs: Tools and tactics to benchmark your performance
- Interprofessional Collaboration: Ensure continuity of care
- PFACs: Enable councils to contribute meaningfully in any sector
- Home and Community Care: Engage with hard-to-reach patients
- Senior Care: Decrease complications and increase satisfaction
- Staff Experience: Ingrain PFCC through staff engagement